'GREY' is a 4 letter word starting with G and ending with Y
Crossword clues for 'GREY'
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for GREY
Definition of grey
- turn grey; "Her hair began to grey"
- make grey; "The painter decided to grey the sky"
- horse of a light gray or whitish color
- clothing that is a grey color; "he was dressed in grey"
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey; "the Confederate army was a vast grey"
- Englishman who as Prime Minister implemented social reforms including the abolition of slavery throughout the British Empire (1764-1845)
- Queen of England for nine days in 1553; she was quickly replaced by Mary Tudor and beheaded for treason (1537-1554)
- United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black; "the little grey cells"; "gray flannel suit"; "a man with greyish hair"
- intermediate in character or position; "a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal"
- used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms); "a stalwart grey figure"
- showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
Anagrams of greyGERY - GYRE
External links for 'grey'*
If you have a moment, please use the voting buttons (green and red arrows) near the top of the page to let us know if we're helping with this clue. We try to review as many of these votes as possible to make sure we have the right answers. If you would like to suggest a new answer (or even a completely new clue) please feel free to use the contact page.