'RUN' is a 3 letter word starting with R and ending with N
Crossword clues for 'RUN'
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for RUN
Definition of run
- become undone; "the sweater unraveled"
- cause to perform; "run a subject"; "run a process"
- change from one state to another; "run amok"; "run rogue"; "run riot"
- be operating, running or functioning; "The car is still running--turn it off!"
- carry out; "run an errand"
- cover by running; run a certain distance; "She ran 10 miles that day"
- move fast by using one's feet, with one foot off the ground at any given time; "Don't run--you'll be out of breath"; "The children ran to the store"
- travel rapidly, by any (unspecified) means; "Run to the store!"; "She always runs to Italy, because she has a lover there"
- run with the ball; in such sports as football
- keep company; "the heifers run with the bulls to produce offspring"
- sail before the wind
- be diffused; "These dyes and colors are guaranteed not to run"
- move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- cause an animal to move fast; "run the dogs"
- move about freely and without restraint, or act as if running around in an uncontrolled way; "who are these people running around in the building?"; "She runs around telling everyone of her troubles"; "let the dogs run free"
- deal in illegally, such as arms or liquor
- set animals loose to graze
- make without a miss
- carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine; "Run the dishwasher"; "run a new program on the Mac"; "the computer executed the instruction"
- occur persistently; "Musical talent runs in the family"
- extend or continue for a certain period of time; "The film runs 5 hours"
- stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point; "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"; "His knowledge doesn't go very far"; "My memory extends back to my fourth year of life"; "The facts extend beyond a consideration of her personal assets"
- cause something to pass or lead somewhere; "Run the wire behind the cabinet"
- be affected by; be subjected to; "run a temperature"; "run a risk"
- have a particular form; "the story or argument runs as follows"; "as the saying goes..."
- a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely; "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"; "their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace; "he broke into a run"; "his daily run keeps him fit"
- a regular trip; "the ship made its run in record time"
- a short trip; "take a run into town"
- (American football) a play in which a player attempts to carry the ball through or past the opposing team; "the defensive line braced to stop the run"; "the coach put great emphasis on running"
- an unbroken chronological sequence; "the play had a long run on Broadway"; "the team enjoyed a brief run of victories"
- a row of unravelled stitches; "she got a run in her stocking"
- the production achieved during a continuous period of operation (of a machine or factory etc.); "a daily run of 100,000 gallons of paint"
- unrestricted freedom to use; "he has the run of the house"
- the continuous period of time during which something (a machine or a factory) operates or continues in operation; "the assembly line was on a 12-hour run"
Anagrams of runNUR - URN
If you have a moment, please use the voting buttons (green and red arrows) near the top of the page to let us know if we're helping with this clue. We try to review as many of these votes as possible to make sure we have the right answers. If you would like to suggest a new answer (or even a completely new clue) please feel free to use the contact page.